Thursday, December 3, 2009

Can I still call it baby weight when my baby goes to middle school?

About 2 months ago I had to go to the doctor. When I got on the scale, I couldn't believe the number. I knew I had been gaining weight (read-clothes getting too tight), but seeing the actual number surprised me. I hadn't been on a scale for a long time, so it was a bit of a shock. I mulled it over for a few days and decided that enough was enough. I think many women find themselves in the same position. I'm getting close to 40, I've had 2 kids and it always seems like I have too much to do and not enough time to do it.

I have never been a skinny person, but I was proportional and fit. At one time, I taught exercise classes at the Y at 6:00am before going to my "real" job. Then I gained a ton of weight with my second child and soon after he was born wound up having to have surgery on my feet. Not being able to exercise for nearly a year (2 separate surgeries), I settled into a larger size than I was used to and got out of the exercise habit. Now 10+ years have gone by and I guess it's time to make a change.

I'm starting this blog to keep myself accountable for the goals that I'm setting and hopefully to find other people in the same boat. I know there are a lot of us out there that are carrying 20-40 pounds of extra weight and while we'd like to lose it, we just can't find the time or motivation to make it a priority. Hopefully, through this journey, we can find things that work and inspire and encourage each other on our way to becoming more healthy and feeling better about ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment