Saturday, December 12, 2009

Bye bye boobies

It's Saturday and I'm in a silly mood (maybe I'm just slap-happy from lack of sleep), so today's post is a tribute to the collateral damage of my weight loss - my boobs. :)

I'm a pear. No, not the fruit, the body type. You know, you can be an apple, a pear, a banana or an hourglass (notice the hourglass is the only one without a stupid fruit name, but that's another story). When I was younger, I was closer to being an hourglass, my hips were always bigger than my chest, but the measurements were close (well, closer than they are now). I thought that after having kids, I might get an increase in my chest, but guess what happened? You got it, with each kid, my chest got smaller and my hips got bigger.

After having my first son, once I got back down to my normal weight, I was a little surprised to see that even though I weighed the same as before I got pregnant, my clothes didn't fit the same because my weight had "shifted" a bit. :)

That actually reminds me of a funny story. I had gone shopping and had come back extremely frustrated. I walked in the door and had this conversation with my husband -

Me - That's it! I'm getting liposuction!
Hubby - (No response, just staring at me not sure what to say)
Me - I'm sick of not being "even". I can't find a dress that fits me at all anymore! My top half and my bottom half are about 2 sizes different so when I try on a dress, if the top fits, the bottom is too tight and if the bottom fits, the top is too big. I am not going to be stuck wearing separate tops and skirts for the rest of my life! I am making an appointment with a plastic surgeon tomorrow to discuss having liposuction on my butt!
Hubby - Don't do that.
Me (yelling, or at least speaking very loudly-LOL) - Did you not hear what I just said?!?! I can't take this!
Hubby - No, I heard you and I get it. I don't have a problem with you wanting to be even, but I like your butt, don't make it smaller, just make your boobs bigger! (MEN-UGH! - LOL)

So until about a month ago, even though I didn't have plastic surgery, I finally had boobs again. Why? Because ever since I had my youngest son, I've been at least 30 pounds overweight!

I know that typically the last place you gain weight is the first place you'll lose weight, so it shouldn't have come as a surprise that my chest was the first place I lost inches. It shouldn't surprise me that it's one of the places I've lost the most (as far as inches go) so far, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

I suppose if the only way for me to keep "the girls" was to keep the extra weight, they just weren't worth it. I'm glad that I'm almost halfway to my initial goal of losing 30 pounds and if it means I have to go buy smaller bras, then that's what I'll have to do. Maybe once I make it to my goal weight, I'll consider taking part of my husband's advice from all those years ago. Maybe I will make my boobs bigger, but only after I make my butt smaller. :)

I guess for now, I can only bid them adieu and remember them fondly. So, bye bye boobies - you were fun while you lasted. :)

3 comments:

  1. Why can't the first place we loose weight be the tummy! Ugh! I'm an "apple" and the extra weight does not look nice, especially when I sit! (Double Ugh)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post had me laughing out loud. I read it to my husband and he said, "at least your husband had something good to say to you."

    With five kids and breast feeding with all of them, I am sick of big boobs. I've totally lost mine with the weight loss too. But I've decided not to care, because I no longer have to wear two bras when I go running.

    I'm with you, I'd rather have a little butt than big boobs. Because with me, if the butt goes smaller, the boobs do too. But I also noticed a shift with where the weight went after the kids were born. Very interesting, but not altogether fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunshine Mama - I'm glad you got a good laugh. :) I'm never going to have a "little" butt. Even when I was my healthy, normal (pre-kid) size, I had a serious bootie (think J-Lo, ha ha). Of course, at the time I had a tiny waist and some boobs, so I was just "curvy". I really wouldn't mind going back to that, but I guess I'll have to wait to see how I look once I get rid of the rest of my excess weight. :)

    ReplyDelete