Friday, December 11, 2009

18 degrees outside and no iPod-UGH!

My day did not start off well today. I came down to discover that my teenager did not get his ice skates out of my trunk last night (even though I told him to do it 10 times during the evening and once as he was going up to bed). I found that we were out of Gatorade, so I needed to make some (even though I am the only one in the house that doesn't drink it) and when I went to get ice for his drink, I found all 4 ice trays empty (again, I am the only one in the house that never uses ice). OK, so this is really a typical morning for a mom, but for some reason, today it ticked me off. Today is also one of the mornings that I walk by myself. I obviously prefer to walk with a friend, but 3 or 4 days a week, I just grab my iPod and go alone. This morning, instead of finding my iPod where it should be, I find only my little pink earbuds. OK, that's it, now I'm really in a mood. So I'm irritated, I have no iPod and it's 18 degrees and windy outside. Am I really going to go for a walk this morning? I'm happy to say that I did!

A month or so ago, I might not have been able to find the motivation to get my butt going, but today I did. When I realized earlier this week that I had exercised 10 days in a row, I decided to challenge myself to see if I could make it at least 30 days in a row, exercising every day (for at least 30 minutes). This is a tough time of the year to do that. Schedules are even more hectic than normal, there is so much to do for the holidays and the weather may or may not cooperate with me. That's even more reason to challenge myself right now. If I can workout for 30 days in a row at this time of year, I should have no excuses for not exercising at other times of the year.

I'm trying to visualize my goal and remind myself that each time I exercise or each time I pick up an apple instead of some chips, that action got me one step closer to that goal. The more results I see, the more motivated I become. I'm just glad I found the motivation to go out today even though it was only 18 degrees and I had no iPod! LOL! :)

2 comments:

  1. If I were you, I'd just give up. That motivation is sure to fade soon, especially with it being so cold out and you being Gatorade-less and iPod-less...

    *Please be advised the Jack Sh*t is celebrating Opposite Day today. The viewpoints expressed in this comment do not necessarily reflect the views and policies of the comment writer. For more information, please go to Jack Sh*t, Gettin’ Fit at http://jackfit.blogspot.com/2009/12/opposite-day.html.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I read your blog this morning, so I was expecting your Opposite Day response. However, the next time I find myself without an iPod and it's only 18 degrees outside, I may just skip the walk and console myself with a big bowl of ice cream (just kidding!).

    ReplyDelete