As I was thinking about my goals for 2010, I decided to do something a little different, so here is my list of the top 5 reasons I should NOT try to lose weight in 2010.
5. Laundry. Sweaty workout clothes really can increase the amount of laundry I have to do and who needs that?
4. Clothes. Let's face it, belts only help so much. If I lose too much weight, I will have to buy new clothes. Who needs cute new fashions a size or two smaller than I'm used to? Not me. I'm perfectly happy with the sweat pants and big t-shirts that I already have.
3. Frequent trips to the grocery store. Fruits and veggies only stay fresh for a few days, while Twinkies have a shelf life of like 125 years. Need I say more?
2. I might lose my "mom" look. Right after I started losing weight, my son offered me come candy and when I turned him down and told him that I was trying to lose weight he said "Why? You're skinny enough for a mom." I certainly wouldn't want to embarrass my kids by being "hot". :)
1. I'm afraid the staff at my favorite Chinese buffet will forget my name!
So there you have it, the reasons why I shouldn't lose weight in 2010. Once I remove my tongue from my cheek, maybe I'll come up with a better list for tomorrow.
Happy New Year everyone!
Movement memo: June 18th, 2018
5 weeks ago