Well today is weigh in day and Sybil (my scale) did not give me good news. I have gained half a pound since last week. That isn't totally surprising. I spent the weekend at a hockey tournament out of town and even though I did manage to exercise each day, my eating was not good. I find it so hard to eat well when I'm in a hurry, having to eat out and trying to make sure my son eats enough to give him the energy he's going to need for a hockey game. Then when we got home yesterday, I was starving all night and could not stop snacking. UGH!
My birthday is just under 7 weeks away. I would really love to give myself a present by hitting my goal weight for my birthday, which means losing 13 more pounds. I'm not sure if that is attainable or not because I know those last 10 pounds will be the hardest to get off, but it's what I'm shooting for right now. I've been thinking about what I'm doing well and what I need to improve and I came up with this list.
What I do well -
1. Exercise. I have typically been doing some kind of exercise 5-7 days each week
2. Not snacking. Until last night, I had been pretty good about not grabbing snacks when I'm not actually hungry (you know like when your bored or whatever)
What I need to improve -
1. Water intake. I drink water, but I don't drink enough. I drink coffee (half caffeine) all day long. I need to drink less coffee and more water.
2. Tracking calories. I really don't do this at all. I have just been trying to make healthier choices, but sometimes what I think is healthy probably isn't. I need to do a better job of paying attention to that.
3. Increasing the intensity of my workouts. Most days my exercise is still just walking. It's doing the job, but if I want to kick off those last 13 pounds, I'm going to have to rev it up a bit. This week my goal is to get to the gym 3 days (the days that I don't walk) and really kick butt on the elliptical and with the weights.
Wish me luck! I'm gonna need it. :)
Movement memo: June 18th, 2018
5 weeks ago