Sunday, January 3, 2010

And so the streak ends

I didn't exercise today. Yesterday was 34 days in a row of exercise and I was hoping to make it a while longer, but the streak ended today. Not that I sat around and did nothing all day. I spent the day taking down all of the Christmas decorations, washing and putting away the Christmas dishes and getting my regular dishes back out, doing a ton of laundry and cleaning the house. I'm sure somewhere in there a few calories got burned, but I didn't actually work out.

I just told a friend the other day that I am a morning exerciser. If I don't do it in the morning, the day tends to get away from me and I am much less likely to exercise at all. Uh, did I not hear myself say that? I knew darn well that I should have gotten up this morning, gone for a walk and then got busy on the other stuff, but instead I decided to get a jump on the laundry (which is probably good since my sons don't want to go back to school tomorrow naked-LOL).

I'm not going to beat myself up for it because long term I think I will probably only try to exercise 5-6 times a week, but I was enjoying the every day thing while it lasted. I guess I'll have to be like those businesses that keep track of how many days they've gone without an accident. Tomorrow I'll just start over at 1. :)

1 comment:

  1. 34 days of exercising is incredible!! You should not beat yourself up at all. That is great!

    ReplyDelete