Friday, January 15, 2010

Exposing yourself

Warning - this post is about body parts/issues and may contain TMI for some readers. :)

I have been having an odd day. I woke up this morning still pretty happy from yesterday's jeans experience, but when I started to get dressed, it felt like something was missing. I looked down and I swear my chest looked like a couple of deflated baloons. It's like they actually shrunk overnight. Today I got to walk with a friend and I told her how frustrated I am getting with how small my boobs are these days. They are smaller now than when I was a teenager and weighed about 20 pounds less than I do now. Several times today I caught myself thinking about getting plastic surgery once I meet my goal weight.

I decided to catch up on my favorite blogs and when I got to Jack Fit http://jackfit.blogspot.com I saw that he had a guest blogger. Her post was about the Exposed Movement and if you haven't read it, you should take a look. She posted a picture of herself wearing very little and wrote positive comments all over different body parts. Reading her post and looking at the picture really made me think.

Yes, I have stretch marks, but I have two beautiful sons to show for them. I have a round butt, but it's probably what caught my husband's attention at that party almost 20 years ago and made him turn around to come introduce himself to me. My body isn't perfect and it's never going to be perfect, but this is the body I was given and all I can do is try to make it as strong and healthy as possible. Don't get me wrong, I'm still ticked about having just completely lost "the girls" and in the future I may decide that I do want to have surgery, but for now I am going to try to think positive thoughts about my body. I'm going to try to focus on what I love about my body instead of what I'd like to change. As women, that is probably something we should do more often.

Have a great weekend everyone! I will be out of town for a hockey tournament, so I'm sure I'll be dying to catch up on all of your blogs on Monday.

1 comment:

  1. I agree we should focus on what we like about our bodies. Childbirth and breastfeeding really take their toll. But it is only our society that tells us that stretch marks and saggy breasts aren't "beautiful". i don't think we should feel like we HAVE to have surgery to make our bodies look as though we are teenagers again. we must embrace who we are, the way we are now! thanks for making me realize this!
    emily
    http://www.helpemilylose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete