Monday, April 5, 2010

Just start with the first step

Monday is the perfect day to "start over", right? That's my theory today. I've been off of my plan for several weeks now and it's beginning to show. It's time to get back to it. We leave for vacation in 8 weeks, so I'm using that as my new goal date. We all have different strengths, right? Well, in my little weight loss world, I am better at exercising than counting calories, so that is where I decided to start today.

I started last night with a calendar for this week of what I wanted to do each day (specific workouts, etc.) and a list of things to do every day (remember to drink more water, etc.). Today's goal was to do 20-30 minutes on the elliptical, take a 30 minute walk with my neighbor and do a short ab workout. I am happy to report that all 3 had been accomplished before 8:30 this morning. Now I remember why I like to workout in the morning so much. I feel great! Doing this first thing in the morning makes me more aware of what I am eating through the day and usually helps me stay on track.

So let's see if I can get there. 8 weeks to lose about 8 pounds and get this old body toned back up. I'm looking forward to the challenge. :)

3 comments:

  1. Spring is the perfect time for a frest start and renewed committment. Good luck with your challenge. I'm sure you're up to the task!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about all those things breaking in your house. Yikes! I would be stressed too. That is really weird that it happened all at once.

    Well, I am imressed that you got all that done by 8:30 a.m. That is awesome! And, if it's starting to warm up where you're at, it's nice to have that done before it gets hot.

    Eight pounds in eight weeks is very do-able.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8 lbs in 8 weeks-I have full confidence you WIL reach your goal! And thank you so much for your kind remarks on my last post :)

    ReplyDelete