Thursday, April 8, 2010

Back to the drawing board

A couple of the blogs I read had similar posts this week. "When life hands you lemons...". I could chime in with that feeling because this week life handed me a big pile of something, though I'm not sure it was lemons. LOL.

I know we all have busy lives. Spouses and kids and work and things to do at home can really make it hard to find time for ourselves. I've let my schedule get out of control and it's time to reign it in. I've got to get back to the place where I had time to exercise. I like to do it. I don't think of it as a chore. I actually think of it as a luxury. It's something I do for me and nobody else. I was doing so well a couple of months ago and when I tried to get back to it this week, I tried to jump back in where I left off. Unfortunately, I can't find the window of time that I seemed to have before. I think I'm going to have to ease back into it. Start out with a 30 minute walk every day and add on from there. I may have to skip the gym for a while and do some strength training at home. It's easier for me to find 15-20 minutes here and there rather than trying to find 60 or 90 minutes to drive to the gym, do the workout and get back.

Hopefully tomorrow morning I will be able to get my walk in. I miss it. :)

3 comments:

  1. Hope you're doing well, Melissa. Don't give up - you'll find a way to get back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Don't give up. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll make it! :) You're on your way! :D

    ReplyDelete