Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I'm back...did you miss me? LOL!

It has been almost a month since I posted. No, I didn't fall off the face of the earth. LOL! I have been working almost non-stop for the past month. I am self-employed, so I don't have normal hours or any real "days off". I just work when I have work to do and for the past month or two, there has been a lot to do. I just finished my list of what I have to do tomorrow and I finally stopped when I got to item #20.

Since my last post, I've had some good things happen. I turned 39 on March 5th and had a wonderful birthday celebration with my family. I've also had some bad things happen. My grandfather had been sick for several months and he died on March 12th. For the first few days after he died, I did really well. I was able to focus on all of the wonderful things we did as a family and I felt truly blessed that he was able to be a part of so many major events in my life (my wedding, the birth of my children, etc.). I can honestly say that I don't have one bad memory of my grandfather, so every time I thought of him, I smiled. But at his funeral, I really fell apart. I know that we were all lucky to have had him with us for 80+ years that we had him, but that day was so sad for me. I was really in a fog for the next few days. I managed to work, but if I had to tell you what I actually did during those days, I'm not sure I could. Luckily I am feeling much better now and I keep hearing that each day will get a little easier, so I'm holding on to that.

So how has my diet been? HA! HA! Well, I wish I could say that I have been working out like crazy and sticking to my diet. I guess I could say it, but I'd be lying. I've been lucky to get more than a couple of walks in each week and the 5 pounds I lost when I was sick is all back. I actually have some funny stories to share about my family's reaction to my weight loss (some of the people I saw at the funeral hadn't seen me in quite some time), but I will save that for tomorrow post.

I hope all of you have been doing great while I've been "away" and I can't wait to catch up on all of your blogs!

1 comment:

  1. HEY! So glad to hear from you! My condolences on the loss of your grandfather. The loss of a loved one is so tough.

    Diet Schmiet! There are a thousand more important things :) Glad you are doing better.

    Looking forward to hear what the family members said :)

    ReplyDelete